In this section of the website, we introduce you to one of our firms. Up next is DFS & Co Accounting run by Partners Brian Feeney and Alan Shaughnessy and their team. Read their answers to our questions to get to know them and the firm.
What do you like about working for your firm?
“We like the freedom of being self-employed and like the opportunity to work with different clients and businesses across multiple sectors. We get satisfaction from ‘adding value’ to our client’s business and personal affairs. Joining the Xeinadin network of accounting firms will enable us to provide additional expertise to our clients.”
What are in your words the strengths of your firm?
“We believe our strengths are in Advisory services as the majority of our clients value this over Compliance activities. We have long-lasting and trusted relationships with our clients. We have a strong emphasis on the use of Technology to ‘Add Value’ to our Client services. Finally, we have a loyal and capable team to deliver the service.”
“It is satisfying to assist a client from start-up to becoming a successful business.”Brian Feeney, Partner
What are the most valuable lessons you have learned at your firm?
- “Devote time regularly to Business Development and existing client relationships;
- Constantly invest in and update Technology;
- Regularly invest in the training and development of Staff and Partners.”
What is the most rewarding experience you have had at your firm so far?
“What we have found most rewarding is the development of the business over the years from a no clients and no staff scenario to become a firm that serves a wide variety of clients across multiple sectors. It is rewarding that the business now employs 10 people.”
What result you achieved for a client, are you most proud of?
“In a few cases, we have taken on a new client whose business has been in difficulty due to poor decision making and lack of good advice. We have worked closely with those businesses, and they are now thriving.
It is satisfying to assist a client from start-up to becoming a successful business.”
“We are looking forward to the benefits that will accrue from being a member of the Xeinadin Network.”Alan Shaughnessy, Partner
What is your favourite statement that you regularly use when advising your clients?
“We will ask the client if the proposal or action that they are considering will ‘Add Value’ to their business or personal situation.”
Which conditions do you think a ‘firm of the future’ should meet?
- “World Class Technology and Automation of processes with standardised processes;
- Constantly developing new Skills and Services for Clients;
- Be a ‘destination firm’ for potential clients seeking Advisory Services;
- Be an ’employer of choice’ for skilled professionals.”
How do you see the future of your firm from your perspective?
“We are looking forward to the benefits that will accrue from being a member of the Xeinadin Network of Accountants including the following:
- Access to wider expertise in the network that may not be within our firm;
- Providing our specific areas of expertise to other firms within the network;
- The consolidation of the Xeinadin brand over the coming 5 years.”
Share this article