In this fifth blog in the blog series about teams, we share two success stories from businesses who have improved profits and team happiness by removing barriers to growth, using a Business One Page Plan (BOPP), and attending Hallidays’ Business AM growth programme.
Hallidays is one of the member firms of the Xeinadin Group.
Success story 1
Business Growth Events unleash team power
Hallidays supported the owners of Paper Salad to develop their leadership and management skills. Here’s how they grew their business by unleashing the power of their team.
- As designers, Claire and Karen created their greetings card business, Paper Salad, but hadn’t identified their long term vision. They also wanted to build their leadership skills and self-belief about what they could achieve.
- Claire and Karen wanted to free up their time to focus on designing new product ranges. They needed to give their team more responsibility by developing their skills and changing the way their business operated.
- To grow their business, they wanted to find new ways to motivate and reward their sales agents and further increase their customers’ happiness.
- Business AM enabled Claire and Karen to identify the future they wanted for their business and also personally. This collective vision has driven their business forward in the right direction for them.
- Hallidays worked with Paper Salad to develop their Business One Page Plan, enabling them to run their business more efficiently. By profiling and restructuring their team they have created more time to focus on designing new products.
- Sales agents are regularly sent gifts to show appreciation and motivate them. Relationships with customers have been strengthened with more frequent and proactive communications.
By investing in the personal development and happiness of their team they have created an award-winning business and a happier, more productive working environment
Hallidays Business AM Growth programme provided Claire and Karen with a step-by-step guide for developing personally and growing their business. This enabled them to develop their knowledge, skills and confidence for taking the business forward. By investing in the personal development and happiness of their team they have created an award-winning business and a happier, more productive working environment. Paper Salad is now a thriving and growing business. They supply a wide range of respected UK and worldwide businesses.
Success story 2
Business Growth Events make a business ‘buzz’
Hallidays’ Business AM programme supported the new owner of a child care nursery to energise her team and transform the business into a vibrant and thriving success…
- As the new business owner, Sarah recognised the need to build the confidence of her team and motivate them to transform the business.
- She identified the potential for her skilled and experienced middle managers to have more responsibility for making decisions, budgeting and leading their team.
- The Business AM ‘Systems for Growth’ event supported her to focus on getting the right systems in place to enable the business to operate effectively.
- Sarah identified the values of the business and benefits to her customers. She recruited an agency to update the branding to reflect the transformation.
- Introducing regular team meetings and a ‘team member of the month award’ made her team feel confident, valued and enthusiastic about making improvements.
- With new job descriptions, training and support the middle managers have ‘blossomed’. Their ideas have improved customer experience and freed-up Sarah’s time to work on further improvements.
- Improved systems for generating and converting referrals are growing the business. Better booking systems and invoicing have also improved efficiency.
- With new branding throughout all elements of the business, they now provide a clear and consistent message to their target market.
The happiness of their team and their customers have soared
By taking action, Sarah and her team have transformed an already successful business into a dynamic, forward thinking childcare provider. With new branding, better systems and an empowered team they have succeeded in growing the business. Alongside this, the happiness of their team and their customers have soared. Their hard work has been praised by Ofsted, with an inspector commending them for the ‘buzzing’ environment they have created.
Read the previous blogs
This is our final blog about making teamwork work. If you haven’t read the previous blogs yet, here are the direct links:
> Blog 1
> Blog 2
> Blog 3
> Blog 4